skip to content

Race Equality at Cambridge


A wide range of support services are available to University of Cambridge students. Details are provided below.

Student Counselling Service

The University of Cambridge Counselling Service provides a professional service to students and staff of the College and University communities. It provides students with counselling and mental health support -  both individually and in groups, and, with strict regard to clients’ confidentiality, working in collaboration with Colleges, the University and NHS provision.

Find out more >

Mental Health Advisor

The Student Counselling Service has two Mental Health Advisors who provide a range of support to students experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties. Students are referred to the MHAs by staff of the Colleges and University.

Find out about Mental Health Advisors >

College Tutor, Counsellor, Chaplain or Nurse

Students can speak to their College Tutor, Counsellor, Chaplain or Nurse who can provide guidance and support.

College pastoral support >

Student Advice Service

You can come to the Student Advice Service with any issues or problems you might experience as a student, from making friends to working relationships, from exams to intermission, and from welfare concerns to finance.

Visit SAS site>,, Tel, 01223 333313.


BME Campaign (Students' Union)

The Student Union BME Campaign have developed some useful toolkits, available here:

BME Mental Health Toolkit

BME Freshers' Guide Toolkit



Anonymous reporting

The University's anonymous reporting form enables anyone who is or has been a student, staff or visitor to the University to anonymously report any inappropriate behaviour of any kind from staff, students or members of the community, including any form of harassment (including racial harassment), bullying, discrimination and sexual misconduct.

Find out more about anonymous reporting >

Other reporting

The University has two reporting options for reporting any form of harassment, bullying, discrimination or sexual misconduct:

  1. The Procedure for Student Harassment & Sexual Misconduct
  2. The University Disciplinary Procedure

Find out more about formal reporting >